The annual May Day / International Workers Day march will be held Friday, April 29, in Minnepolis, organizers announced.
Marchers will gather at 4:30 p.m. at Lake St. and Nicollet Ave., in south Minneapolis, then march at 5 p.m. to downtown, where they will rally in front of the Hennepin County Government Center.
Led by the Minnesota Immigrant Rights Action committee, the march and rally are endorsed by several labor and community organizations. Learn more and RSVP on Facebook.
Organizers say goals of the marchers include:
- Legalization and equality for all
- DAPA for all
- Drivers license for all
- $15 & a union
- No anti-union “right to work” laws
- No wage theft
- Paid sick days for all workers
- No racist police & ICE repression of our communities
- No more militarization of our borders, streets & barrios
- Fair trade not ‘free trade’
- No destruction of our environment
- Restore the vote