Learn about and embrace lifestyle choices that lead to healthier, more active and satisfying lives at the 2017 Health & Benefit Fair.
This free, family-friendly event will be held Saturday, April 8, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at U.S. Bank Stadium. Directions can be found on the Health & Benefit Fair website. It is free and open to all.
The Fair is a collaborative effort of the Labor/Management Health Care Coalition of the Upper Midwest and its member funds.
Since its start in 2007, the Fair has increased in size and numbers each year, and is the largest event of its kind. The 2017 event will feature more than 85,000 sq. ft. of information, education and activities focused on improving the health and lives of labor health fund members and their families.
Most labor Health & Welfare funds will have a special area set aside, where you can meet friends and representatives from your local union.
Everyone is welcome, including all family members. Activities include:
- View cooking demonstrations and informational sessions by Cooks of Crocus Hill
- Sign up for a mammogram at the CDI Mammogram Truck
- Walk through the inflatable heart, lung, brain, and colon
- Learn emergency and field first aid at the demonstration area
- Talk with a Minnesota state highway trooper and see the Mothers Against Distracted Driving (MADD) crashed car
- Visit the Gillette Children’s Hospital Kidz Zone for education and fun
- Rest and visit with friends in the Blue Cross Blue Shield sponsored Central Park
- Donate blood at the Memorial Blood Center Bloodmobile
Children will enjoy the Kidz Zone with bounce houses, climbing wall, face painting, balloon twisters, magician, coloring, Legos and more.
Remember to bring non-perishable food for the emergency food shelf. Bring three or more items and receive a ticket for a guided stadium tour.